05 April 2008

Wile E. Coyote

The past couple days of recovering from my back injury have been going well. Today I was able to knock out a steady 10 mile run followed up by a nice 5,000m swim. So enough training talk, everyone does it, so I'll chat about something that happened to me yesterday...

I am on a jog, or it might be "yawg." I'm not sure if it's a soft "j" or not, when I look up the trail ahead of me roughly 100yds or so. I thought for a second that I had let out a "Beep beep," as I was staring directly at a coyote (or rather, he was staring at me). No, he wasn't toting an ACME anvil or TNT blasting kit, but he was looking at me like I had no business on his turf. I just so happen to see another one on the side of the trail. They are much bigger in real life. I always thought coyotes were little critters, roughly the size of a fox, but au contraire. I'm actually making a bigger deal of it than it actually was, but it at least was an interesting wildlife experience here in Florida. Now, you must be riveted to your ergonomic chairs as to what happened once we made eye contact!

Absolutely nothing. I wondered what they were doing playing in the heat of the day; they were wondering why I had no hair on my body and was exclusively running on my hind quarters.

This capped off my week of wildlife viewing as I was on my bicycle Thursday and happened to see a bald eagle. I didn't think they were indigenous to Florida, but sure enough, it was legit. They are huge. The white head was finished off by an impressive yellow beak. The tail feathers were also a beautiful stark white, which made this bird's flight impressive and effortless.

Until next time, this is Bear Grylls signing off. If you don't know who that is, google him and watch his show.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Bear Grylls is a girl. He gets help from his camera crew.